- Whitewater Falls is the highest waterfall in the eastern U.S.
You can hike to the falls from this property, or take a 10 minute drive.
- Lake Jocassee is about a 20 minute drive, and Lake Keowee is
about 30 minutes away.
- Whitewater River. You can hike to it from this property.
- Foothills Trail.This is a hiking trail from Table Rock to
Oconee State Park. Access this trail from Whitewater Ridge or other nearby points
- Lake Toxaway and Toxaway Falls. A 15 minute drive.
- Blue Ridge Parkway just 45 minutes away.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park is 1½ hours away.
- Oconee State Park is 30 minutes away in South Carolina.
- SC State Fish Hatchery is a 30 minute drive.
- Chatooga Wild and Scenic River - 30 minute drive.
- Jocassee Gorges is a 35,000-acre wilderness north of Lake
Jocassee recently purchased by the states of North Carolina and South Carolina
from Duke Power. The east side of Waddle Mountain overlooks this wilderness.
- Cashiers and Highlands are just 20 - 30 minutes away.
- Clemson University is less than a one hour drive. Educational,
cultural and athletic events abound there, as well as dining and golf at the
- The Whitewater, Horsepasture, Thompson, Toxaway, and Chatooga Rivers
are all less than a 30 minute drive away.
Distances to Waddle Mountain from Regional Cities
|Greenville, SC||1½ hours|
|Atlanta, GA||2½ hours|
|Columbia, SC||3 hours|
|Charleston, SC||4½ hours|
|Savannah, GA||5 hours|
|Charlotte, NC||3 hours|
|Asheville, NC||1¼ hours|
|Jacksonville, FL||7½ hours|